Our mission is to drive the world wide adoption of safe, low-cost energy storage systems by drawing on the numerous benefits of our lithium iron magnesium phosphate technology, the experience of our management team and the significant market opportunity available to us.
- BSEE or equivalent experience and education, MSEE degree a plus.
- Experience or education in analog and digital circuit design.
- Experience using circuit design software (Cadence PSPICE A/D preferred).
- Experience in schematic capture with a controlled database library (OrCAD + Capture CIS preferred).
- Experience or education in using manual and automated bench test equipment (National Instruments LabVIEW preferred).
- Experience or education in battery electronics, battery technology, automotive standards and requirements, EV drive trains, electric motors a plus.
- Experience in PCB design a plus.
- Experience with the following is a plus: Mathcad, Xilinx ISE, Mentor Graphics ModelSim, Cadence Allegro software tools; CAN-bus, RS-485, I²C networks; firmware development.
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin a plus.
- Develop electronic systems for Valence products. Product may be co-developed with members of Valence’s engineering teams in North America and China. Work closely with firmware and layout engineers during development.
- As required by project, develop and document comprehensive product architectural designs and specifications for Valence products.
- Develop and document test plans for product electronics.
- Perform or coordinate testing and characterization of products.
- Analyze customer requirements and design battery system configurations in support of applications engineering and sales activities.
- Responsibilities and salary commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Some international travel (<20%) may be required.
The position will report to the Director of Engineering & Operations.
Location: Corporate Headquarters, Austin Texas
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a relaxed work environment. If interested, please indicate your salary expectation and availability within a cover page and submit along with your resume by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Valence is an Equal Opportunity Employer