At Valence we have been working to reduce the impact we have on our environment, as well as improving our levels of health and safety at work.
Valence is aware that mass manufacturing of large format packs and modules increases risk to the environment. Our lithium iron magnesium phosphate (LiFeMgPO4) chemistry deploys environmentally acceptable materials, is recyclable and also has several environmental advantages over rival battery manufacturers.
- There are no heavy metals used in our chemistry
- Phosphate salts are less soluble than the oxide equivalent
- Lower solubility means that there is less potential for leaching
- Phosphate anion allows use of non-toxic metals (Fe)
- Both Co and Ni are toxic and have chronic exposure hazards
The indirect contributions of using electric energy are that it can reduce carbon emissions and is also renewable resource.
Not only is Valence lithium iron magnesium phosphate a safer chemistry, it is also a more environmentally friendly solution.
Numerous environmentally friendly projects are currently being evaluated and implemented within Valence Technology.