With an extensive intellectual property portfolio, Valence Technology has become the commercial leader in the supply of intrinsically safe high volume lithium iron magnesium phosphate (LiFeMgPO4) products.
- 2006 – Present Valence Technology has emerged from a strong research and development platform to become a global leader in the development and manufacture of intrinsically safe, long-life lithium iron magnesium phosphate (LiFeMgPO4) advanced energy systems.
- 2006 Launched 18V modules, with significantly improved Battery Management System
- 2005 Commenced sales of Gen 1 – automotive 12V modules
- 2002 Launched first commercial lithium iron magnesium phosphate technology
- 1999 Started manufacturing bellcore cells, Lithium Cobalt and Lithium Manganese
- 1995 Licensed Bellcore “flat cell” technology
- 1989 Founded in San Jose, CA
Valence Technology Inc. is a privately held corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A. Founded in 1989, Valence Technology developed the industry’s first commercially available, safe, large-format family of Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate Rechargeable Batteries.