Solution: Medical Cart Battery
Product: U1-12RT (12V, 40 AH) and U1-24RT (24V, 20 AH) Valence U-Charge Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate Intelligent battery module systems
Features & Benefits:
- High cycle life (4500 cycles to 80% DOD) as a module.
- Low total cost of ownership
- Automatic internal protection from over charge or discharge.
- No ventilation required
- Extremely safe Lithium Ion chemistry
- Flame retardant plastics to UL94-V0
- LED battery state of charge indicator
- Half the weight for easy mobility
- 2X the run time than VRLA in same footprint
- Scalable in series from 12V to 48V
- Can be put in parallel for additional runtime
- Inter-modular balancing
- Robust mechanical design
- Can be charged with most existing chargers (see Valence Validated list of equipment)
Module Technical Specifications:
U1-12RT and U1-24RT Nominal Voltages: 12.8V and 25.6V
Capacity (C/5, 23°C): 40 Ah and 20Ah, 512 Wh
Weight (approx.): 6.5 kg / 14.3 lbs
Dimensions including Terminals L x W x H: 7.76” x 5.12” x 7.20”
A global medical equipment manufacturer of critical computerized nurse stations, medication carts and tele-med video carts for healthcare facilities needed a better energy storage solution to power their equipment. Their current VRLA battery did not have the capacity to complete each shift, was slow to recharge, added considerable weight to their carts, and needed annual replacement.
Valence’s light weight Lithium Phosphate batteries allowed for easier movement of the medical carts as well as providing longer run times. Each medical system utilizes either one standard 12V or 24V U-Charge battery module. The runtime of the carts with Valence modules essentially doubled that of the previous battery solution with faster recharges and 7 to 10 times the cycle life.