Market: Robotic Equipment
Solution: Medical Robotic Surgical System
Product: U1-12RT (12.8 V, 40 AH) Valence U-Charge Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate Intelligent battery module systems
Features & Benefits:
- High cycle life >4000 cycles (80% DOD to 80% of rated capacity)
- Low total cost of ownership
- No ventilation required
- Extremely Safe Lithium Ion chemistry
- Robust mechanical design
- Flame retardant plastics to UL94-V0
- LED battery status indicator
RT Series Battery Pack:
- Scalable in series from 12V to 48V
- Scalable in parallel for longer runtimes
- Optional Battery Discharge Indicator
- Automatic cell balancing
- Automatic protection from over-charge or over-discharge conditions
Nominal U1-12RT Voltage: 12.8 V
Nominal Capacity (C/5, 23° C): 40 Ah, 512 Wh
Weight (approx.): 6.5 kg/14.3 lbs.
Dimension incl. Terminals (LxWxH): 7.76” x 5.12” x 7.20”
A global technology developer of medical robotic-assisted surgery devices requested a reliable energy storage system to move their critical equipment from room to room. They were concerned that the lead acid batteries within their surgery devices were heavy and needed to be replaced too often. Additionally, the equipment was subjected to significant down time because of the long charge time required of lead acid.
Now that they use Valence’s light weight Lithium Phosphate batteries, the robotic equipment can be moved easily and safely. Each medical system utilizes 3 standard 12 volt UCharge RT series modules. The runtime of the equipment essentially doubled that of the previous battery solution, with faster recharging, and up to 10 times the cycle life.