Medical Robotic Surgical System Case Study
A global medical equipment manufacturer of critical computerized nurse stations, medication carts and tele-med video carts for healthcare facilities needed a better energy storage solution to power their equipment. Their current VRLA battery did not have the capacity to complete each shift, was slow to recharge, added considerable weight to their carts, and needed annual replacement.
Our light weight Lithium Phosphate batteries allowed for easier movement of the medical carts as well as providing longer run times. Each medical system utilizes either one standard 12V or 24V U-Charge battery module. The runtime of the carts with our U-charge modules essentially doubled that of the previous battery solution with faster recharges and 7 to 10 times the cycle life.
Features & Benefits
- High cycle life >4000 cycles (80% DOD to 80% of rated capacity)
- Low total cost of ownership
- No ventilation required
- Inherently safe lithium ion chemistry
- Robust mechanical design
- Flame retardant plastics to UL94-V0
- LED battery status indicator
RT Services Battery Pack
- Scalable in series from 12V to 48V
- Scalable in parallel for longer runtimes
- Optional Battery Discharge Indicator
- Automatic cell balancing
- Automatic protection from over-charge or over-discharge conditions
- Nominal U1-12RT Voltage: 12.8 V
- Nominal Capacity (C/5, 23° C): 40 Ah, 512 Wh
- Weight (approx.): 6.5 kg/14.3 lbs.
- Dimension incl. Terminals (LxWxH): 7.76” x 5.12” x 7.20”